word type: verb
- To play a very strong hand in a passive manner that is likely to trap or deceive your opponent.
When to Slowplay
* When you have a monster hand.
* When you think betting may cause your opponent to fold, yet you don't want them to fold.
* When the pot is small and taking down right then and there would not do much for your stack.
* When your opponent is overly aggressive.
When Not to Slowplay
* When you have a good, but not great hand; one that is vulnerable.
* On a draw-heavy board.
* When your opponent is a calling station.
* If you suspect your opponent may also have a very strong hand.
Learn From the Pros
Howard Lederer, Daniel Negreanu, Phil Hellmuth, Phil Gordon, and Clonie Gowen discuss slowplaying with Chris Rose on Fox Sports Net.